Thursday, August 18, 2011

Apple & Nectarine Oatmeal

I picked up a flat of nectarines the other day at Trader Joe's.  They looked delicious and lately we have been devouring fruit in my house.  Thrown together in a bowl, they make a practical center piece on the table, and overall I haven't gone into nectarine-overload yet.  That said, now that they are ripe, I need to use up those nectarines and I can't snack on six nectarines a day! So, I made this oatmeal for breakfast.  This is an easy, sweet breakfast that bursts with fruit flavor.
 
Apple & Nectarine Oatmeal  (7 PointsPlus)
Ingredients:
2 cups fat-free milk
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 nectarine, chopped

Directions:

  1. Combine everything except the nectarine in a saucepan.  Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
  2. Stir in the nectarine pieces and cook about 2 minutes longer.  Eat!
Servings:
4 servings.  7 PointsPlus per serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment